What Is Composite Shingle Roofing?
Composite shingle roofs are a durable and affordable roofing solution. Composition shingle roofing is, by definition, the type of roofing that is formed with composite materials. These materials range from asphalt, fiberglass, laminate, and slate to ceramic granules. These materials are glued together in layers, compressed, and blended together with additives that make them waterproof, weatherproof, and resistant to elements.
Types of Composite Shingles
There are various types of mixtures used for composite shingles roofing. The 3 most commonly used composition shingles roofing are:
- 3-Tab Shingles: It is the most affordable roofing type and is easy to maintain. It is one-layer roofing where a shingle is distinctly marked as three separate tabs. The vertical slots are carved into the visible section of a shingle splitting the lower half section into 3 tabs.
Manufacturer’s warranty: 20 – 30 years
- Laminate Shingles: These are similar in structure to 3-tab roofing with an additional layer of tabs bonded over the basic layer making them thicker and stronger. They resemble wood in appearance and are available in different color options.
Manufacturer’s warranty: 30 – 50 years
- Architectural Shingles: These are the most advanced composite roofing options. The shingles are reinforced with fiberglass mat and coated with ceramic granules to make it stronger, moss retardant, and have a 3D appearance.
Manufacturer’s warranty: 50+ years
Advantages of Composition Shingles Roofing
- Most commonly use and affordable
- Highly durable
- Many colors selection to match your building architectural design
- UV protection
- Up to 50 years manufactures’s warranties
Contact us today!
Call 608-850-6282 or email for a FREE estimate. The Badger Company is an Owens Corning® Preferred Contractor.